Sean Leonard explains how learning from industry pros makes the difference.
When you take a course through UCLA Extension, you'll meet one of our more than 2,500 instructors. These teachers work with us to develop cutting-edge curricula and are dedicated to providing you with quality instruction. Many of our instructors have been with us for a number of years, and all are familiar with the challenges facing working adults who wish to advance their skills.
- Our instructors are well-regarded in their field, with real-world experience
- These working professionals offer networking opportunities and relevant, current insights
- Instructors may also include UCLA faculty
- To ensure a good classroom experience for you, we provide instructor orientation and training
- We regularly review student evaluations of both instructors and courses to ensure continuing quality
Throughout Extension, we support and recognize the contributions of our individual instructors because we realize how important good teachers are to our students. Pictured below are recipients of the second annual Dean's Distinguished Instructor Award, presented to select instructors who demonstrated excellence in the classroom, and who provided special contributions to curriculum development, mentoring, collaborative service to other instructors, and institution-wide contributions.