General Business Studies Certificate with Concentration in Accounting is a 36-unit program offered by the Department of Business, Management, and Legal Programs and is intended for individuals whose unique personal interest or profession requires them to take a series of courses in management with a focus on accounting.
- Students select nine courses of their choice offered within the Management discipline.
- The nine courses must be numbered X 1-X 199 and/or X 400-X 499.
- Each must be a four-unit course.
- Students pursuing a concentration in Accounting must take a minimum of four or as many as nine courses in Accounting to satisfy the concentration requirement. Click here for a list of approved courses for financial management concentrations.
- In addition to the nine required courses, students must successfully complete the one day business ethics requirement.
- Persons having satisfied the requirements for another UCLA Extension certificate will only be allowed to apply a maximum of four courses from that program to the Certificate in General Business Studies. Courses taken at other universities are not transferable.
Yvette de la Cruz
Application & Candidacy Fee: $200.00*
Estimated Program Tuition: $7,135.00
Estimated Program Textbook/Materials: $1,350.00
Estimated Total Cost: $8,685.00
*This program is open admission. The Application & Candidacy fee establishes your candidacy in the certificate for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and allows you to access a variety of program benefits.
Internship Available: No