The General Business Studies Certificate with Concentration in Personal Financial Planning is a 36-unit program offered by the Department of Business, Management, and Legal Programs and is intended for individuals whose unique personal interest or profession requires them to take a series of courses in management with a focus on personal financial planning.
- Students select nine courses of their choice offered within the Management discipline.
- The nine courses must be numbered X 1-X 199 and/or X 400-X 499.
- Each must be a four-unit course.
- Students pursuing a concentration must take a minimum of four courses in personal financial planning or as many as nine courses in personal financial planning to satisfy the concentration requirement.
- In addition to the nine required courses, students must successfully complete one ethics requirement of their choice at any time during the program.
- Persons having satisfied the requirements for another UCLA Extension certificate will only be allowed to apply a maximum of four courses from that program to the Certificate in General Business Studies. Courses taken at other universities are not transferable.
Yvette de la Cruz
Application & Candidacy Fee: $200.00*
Estimated Program Tuition: $7,135.00
Estimated Program Textbook/Materials: $1,350.00
Estimated Total Cost: $8,685.00
*This program is open admission. The Application & Candidacy fee establishes your candidacy in the certificate for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and allows you to access a variety of program benefits.
Internship Available: No