This course of study includes 18 courses and provides a basic foundation level of education in Interior Design. For students who already have a Bachelor's Degree, completion of this certificate with a grade of "B" or better will make them eligible for the advanced course of study leading to a Master of Interior Architecture degree.
In order to earn your Certificate in Interior Design, all 18 courses (82 units) must be completed with a recorded letter grade. Students are encouraged to follow the Quarterly Curriculum Sequence in order to efficiently progress through the program.
Establishing candidacy in the certificate program is required in order to receive a Certificate of Completion. Students must establish candidacy prior to enrolling in their sixth course in the program. As a candidate, students will have exclusive access to a set of resources & benefits including:
- Full-Time Counselor dedicated to working individually with each student.
- Priority spot on waitlists over non-candidate students.
- Access to the Job + Internship listings as a benefit just for Certificate students.
- Resource Library featuring reference books, product samples, literature, and periodicals.
- Tuition Credit available in exchange for duties performed as a Teaching Assistant or Librarian.
- BruinCard available for a $10 fee, for the duration of the program.
Application &Candidacy Fee: $250.00*
Estimated Program Tuition: $14,900.00
Estimated Program Textbook/Materials: $3,100.00
Estimated Total Cost: $18,000.00
Costs are approximate and subject to change without notice. Estimates are based on the candidacy fee, course fees, and estimated textbook fees, but do not include additional expenses such as parking.
*This program is open admission. The Application & Candidacy fee establishes your candidacy in the certificate for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and allows you to access a variety of program benefits.
Internship Available: No