The UCLA Extension Emergency Management & Homeland Security Certificate provides the core knowledge and skills essential to leaders in today?s world of emergency planning, security, protection and emergency response. The certificate prepares candidates for management and supervisory positions within this high growth industry. The Emergency Management and Homeland Security Certificate prepares professionals to lead security, protection and recovery identification and planning; resource management pre-disaster risk mitigation; post-disaster recovery, and best practices for protecting people, especially employees, and assets. The curriculum is intended for:
- Government agency employees (federal, state, local)
- Private business managers in such areas as human resources, finance, project management, communications, and facilities management
- Real estate and private property managers
- Military personnel transitioning into civilian careers
- Current college students or recent college graduates looking for socially satisfying careers To learn more, click here.
Application & Candidacy Fee: $200.00*
Estimated Program Tuition: $4,300.00
Estimated Program Textbook/Materials: $900.00
Estimated Total Cost: $5,400.00**
*This program is open admission. The Application & Candidacy fee establishes your candidacy in the certificate for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and allows you to access a variety of program benefits.
**Costs are approximate and subject to change without notice. Estimates are based on candidacy fee, course fees, and estimated textbook fees, but do not include online classes, or additional expenses such as parking.
Internship Available: Yes