For aspiring TV writers, winning a writer’s fellowship is the quickest way to get staffed on a television show. These competitive awards require stellar writing samples and a solid understanding of the culture and procedures of a writer’s room. This four-course specialization takes you from concept through execution to help you develop both a spec and a pilot in either comedy or drama. The program can be completed in two to four quarters, depending on an individual's prior writing experience and goals. Please consult an advisor for more information.
Note: This specialization can be completed entirely online, onsite, or a combination of both.
- Receive advance notice of upcoming Writers' Program courses
- Enroll before the general public each quarter
- Receive preferential placement on wait lists
- Gain free admission to the UCLA Extension television writing competitions
- Get a 50% discount on one consultation within six months of program completion
Application & Candidacy Fee: $50.00*
Estimated Program tuition: $2,520.00
Estimated Program Textbook/Materials: $50.00
Estimated Total Cost: $2,620.00
*This program is open admission. The Application & Candidacy fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and allows you to access a variety of program benefits.